Sunday, February 13, 2011

Forgive me not

Forgive me not;
For I forgive you neither.
And do forget my face;
for I've forgotten yours.
Do stare at me no longer;
For I can't stand your glare.
I wish not to remember;
False feelings I once felt
That bloom within no longer.

*Also from my first book of poetry, age 15. I'd like to say that perhaps this was about my first break-up, but honestly who can remember for sure. Poetry was always about me chronicling my feelings not about dates and time. On some of my later works I have purposely left out the dates of a poem because I too often wrote about different subjects and people. I never wanted my boyfriend or ex husband for instance say..."huh, you wrote this about whom? but weren't we together at the time...what are you in love with someone else?" and hence an argument would follow. AS a matter a fact my ex did "break-in" to one of my poem journals once from a jealous rage wanting to know what the heck was going on in my head and heart. I was both offended and impressed. Offended for the obvious reasons, however impressed because he thought my poetry as having some value in wanting to read it and wanting to "figure me out" from my work.**

No comments:

Post a Comment