Friday, May 27, 2011

Forgiveness

Forgiveness is a tricky thing
Some say they are forgiving,
While others never stoop that low.
I do confess
I easily forgive, but only
when my heart's not well.
I'm weak like that
He'll say he'll call me,
But never does the phone ring
He says he'll be right back
And never does he come
While I, so silly is my state
Wait every second for him.
That phone will ring!
I tell myself,
But never does it do so.
I know it won't,
I know you lied,
I know its not forgetfulness.
Yet I persist to be this nice.
I do not show I'm angry,
I do not show I'm mad,
Dare not I act that peeved
When next time I do see you.
Forgiveness comes too easy,
One word from those sweet lips
Makes me forget,
The torment I've been feeling.
One look inside your eyes,
Forgetfulness...
What lies?

***2003-2004***

No comments:

Post a Comment