Friday, June 3, 2011

Twisted

I can not say I loathe you
Dear god I wish I could!
You make me feel so twisted
For all the things I've done.
That day, when I first saw you
I knew you'd be the one
To turn me into pieces
Against my own design.
I hope you're happy with yourself
Although I think you lied.
I doubt, you'll stay with her
You are too weak to do so.
I saw it in your eyes,
With no misunderstanding
You'll break one day, no question.

***dug this one out on an old tiny memo note with a call back number for some client I must have taken a message for my boss on the opposite side of it at the time. Yes...I did write on just about anything! I have a ton of these little loose papers and leaflets and napkins stuck in all my little poem books and journals...I like to surprise myself sometimes with a forgotten poem I suppose. Anyway this tiny piece of paper was looking kind of worn and tired so I decided to transfer it here before the words became too obscure for even the author herself to recognize. (Circa 2003- 2004) ***

No comments:

Post a Comment