Saturday, August 7, 2010

Reminiscence of E.C.

How impressionable a young mind is! I knew you only then, those few impressionable years. Yet, I do still recall the gloves that were your gift. I never in my life have recalled another gift so often into memory. It is as though those words you told me were engraved upon my heart and memory. I do remember them, and carry them with me, always. It's strange how certain memories live on. And even though those gloves are now long ripped ago, I still, look upon my new bought gloves and think of you with fondness. I miss you terribly at times. I miss your presence in my life. I miss your voice...so wise and yet so flamboyant. You are a person in my heart I can't describe the term for it. You are not lover in it, you're not the father, I'd call you friend but I do confess you are not simply friend. I look to you for something that I do dearly miss...but what it is, I can not clearly formulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment