Friday, August 6, 2010

Trust Lost

What do I know of Love?
What do I know of Hearts?
I Reckon I don't know that much
For I did think I was in Love


And is there such; commitment?
One with the other, until the end of time.
Can truly such exist,
Can I love thee forever?
It seems our love 's a sham
Where did the lie begin?
Where can it end, if ever?
How can it work for you and me
If We can't trust each other?
Our goals seem to be separate
Our reason drifting senselessly apart.
Perhaps this never was to be,
And we are fools at trying.

I can forgive you as a friend
but as your wife I can not do it.
I can not think of kissing you
Of hugging, touching, sleeping with you.
I may have sympathy and love,
Yet it is not the lovers love.
I have no urge to run into yours arms
I have no urge to kiss and hug you.
I feel my heart has closed its doors,
for fear of more offenses.



* I wrote this back in 2005 during my first marriage that lasted from the time I was 19 to 21 years of age.

No comments:

Post a Comment