Friday, November 5, 2010

My Amigurumi Creation!

Posted by Picasa
My latest project was a crochet "Amigurumi" blue bunny.I think I managed rather well considering I never crocheted before in my life. It's nice to be able to create something for my son to play and chew on. The over-sized ears are a major hit with him :)  I noticed he loved chewing on his knit booties quite ardently so I came to thinking that I wanted to knit him a toy. Apparently there is a whole Japanese art of knitting or crocheting little stuffed animals! These little toys are made by crocheting in the round one stitch at a time. Kind of makes you think of life while creating it as everything builds stitch by stitch or as the more popular phrase brick by brick. On the whole I found this project pretty easy, once you know how to crochet with a hook and increase/decrease stitches you're pretty much good to go. I used 100% cotton yarn for this guy but next time I'll make one of organically grown cotton, so I feel really at ease about him constantly sucking and chewing on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment