Friday, January 21, 2011

Handmade nursing top.

My latest and very useful creation is a wrap style nursing top. After searching for a pretty nursing pajama set for myself and coming up with zip I decided that I really need to make my own. Don't get me wrong there are some out there that looked half decent, but those were also really pricey and the material used will never compare with the one I have :)
 The design is from an old Burda pattern catalog and the material is bamboo "cotton" (super soft, slinky, antibacterial and sustainable) that I had purchased sometime ago with the intentions of making leggings out of. To complete the pajama set I will likely need to buy more of the same fabric and make those leggings anyway...but I love the feel and practicality of this top so much that I am going to buy up some more colorful fabric and make a few variations. Super excited on making more of these!

Yep....that's me daydreaming of the ease I will be able to breastfeed my little mammoth with at night! 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment