Saturday, January 15, 2011

"he"

I sit here now
Upset, but not surprised.
And if I cared so much
Why have I not yet cried?
Let truth be known;
I melt at all his words
So why can't he, me melt away?
Our useless conversation
Brings us to no success
I sit here now bewildered
For what of us becomes.
Perhaps I am lamenting
For what I have not done
He said so much to make me think
But he; said nothing to me.

***This poem dates back to my first marriage...I guess back to the very first scruples I started to have about our imbalanced relationship. It's like one day he stopped "getting" me or I outgrew him and stopped "letting" him in. In either case the poem was really self-confessional. It was about recognizing the moment in time when it all was not going as it should, and admitting to myself that the feelings were no longer what they were.  An awakening from self denial...at least it was on paper. I however did not think of it as such at the moment nor did I make my feelings known at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment